Friday, January 09, 2009

I'm Speechless

I post a lot of funny and wacky stuff on this blog. And most of it comes from one of my numerous e-mail accounts. But moments ago, I got this e-mail from my son at work and I'm sitting here quietly savoring it:

"I went to Pike Place Market for lunch today with some people from work, and I found a wallet on the stairs in Post Alley. The wallet had her ID, credit cards, cash and some other stuff but nothing with her phone number on it and it made me feel kind of guilty for going through somebody else's stuff.

I looked her up in the White Pages online, but her number was unlisted. I called the police station asking what to do and to see if anyone had reported it missing. The police apparently don't keep track of such things and told me to either drop it off at the police station or try to get in contact with them myself! I thanked them and said I'd probably just try writing them a letter since I had her ID with her address on it.

At this point, I noticed that the American Express card was for a business account so I Googled the business name. I knew I had the right company since under contact info on their site, she was listed as the founder. I called the business up, she answered and I gave her directions to get to my work. She was really happy and surprised to get her wallet back with all her credit cards, ID, and cash still in it. I tried to turn her down for a tip but she was really insistent on giving me $5 for a latte."

His e-mail speaks for itself.

No comments: