Friday, August 15, 2008

I Hate Telemarketers

I've been on the National Do Not Call List since its inception and legally, all telemarketers are supposed to consult and respect this list before calling a number. The Seattle Times and The Post-Intelligencer are among the worst telemarketers in this area.

Do you think these people even follow the list? And on numerous occasions, I've also told these people to make sure my numbers - ALL of them - are on their Do Not Call Lists. But the SOB's keep calling me at all hours of the day and night. Of course, when you call them back after hours to complain, there's never a manager to yell at. One of these days, when I have some extra time to kill, I plan on going after them for penalties and fines that they probably owe me and thousands of other people that they've been harassing for years.

Local Seattle geek, Chris Pirillo actually taped an 11-minute video on YouTube of his fun with one of the Seattle Times telemarketers.

No comments: