Saturday, April 15, 2006

Remember Dioramas?

The Museum of Natural History is considered one of the best in the world. I still have fond memories of going there with my brothers when we stayed with our sister's family in Brooklyn. I took my own kids there when we went through New York one summer and they enjoyed it as much as I did when I first set foot in the place. Among the most popular exhibits are their famed Dioramas, those huge life-size recreations of scenes complete with stuffed animals (I know, I know --- not PETA-friendly but who cares?) from around the world. Alaska Brown Bears, American Bison and Mountain Gorillas to name a few. Despite their static nature, the awesome size of these dramatic dioramas seldom ceases to fascinate children of all ages. Anyway, the Museum now has an entire section of their website dedicated to their dioramas and you can spend almost as much time viewing the 360-degree panoramas as you might in real life.

No comments: