Sunday, May 27, 2007

What Does Gas Cost in Other Parts of the World?

I still remember my travels in Europe from the late 60's and 70's when gas was well under a buck over here in North America. After checking my math a couple of times just to get over the shock, I came to the realization that gas was around $4.00 a gallon in most of the European countries even back then. Back in Canada these days, by the time you calculate the liters to US gallons and the Canadian dollars to US dollars, Canadian gas runs somewhere around $4.50 - $5.00 a gallon (USD)! Hmmm -- maybe that's why my daughter has me fill up her tank for her when she comes back down here from Vancouver every couple of weeks...

Anyway, WNBC Channel 4 from New York did a recent slide show of what gas costs in other countries. There's more than one surprise in there; for example, gas is as low as 17¢ a gallon in Hugo Chavez' Venezuela.

No comments: