Friday, June 29, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Here's the kid - Spencer Eldin - who was the swimming baby on that cover. He's 17 years old today! Here's the blurb about the album on Wikipedia HERE and they include background on the idea behind the cover as well as a link to more information about Spencer.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
1. Put 400 bricks in a closed room.
2. Put your new hires in the room and close the door.
3. Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours.
4. Then analyze the situation:
- a. If they are counting the bricks, put them in the Accounting Department.
- b. If they are recounting them, put them in Auditing.
- c. If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks, put them in Engineering.
- d. If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, put them in Planning.
- e. If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them in Operations.
- f. If they are sleeping, put them in Security.
- g. If they have broken the bricks into pieces, put them in Information Technology
- h. If they are sitting idle, put them in Human Resources.
- i. If they say they have tried different combinations, they are looking for more, yet not a brick has been moved, put them in Sales.
- j. If they have already left for the day, put them in Marketing.
- k. If they are staring out of the window, put them in Strategic Planning.
- l. If they are talking to each other, and not a single brick has been moved, congratulate them and put them in Top Management.
- m. Finally, if they have surrounded themselves with bricks in such a way that they can neither be seen nor heard from, put them in Congress.
|My own accent results (in spite of my Canadian accent!):|
("Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest") The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.
|Click Here to Take This Quiz|
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.
OH HELL YEAH!
You Gotta Love This Comeback
One of my sons serves in the military. He is still stateside, here in California. He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him, and his troops, everywhere he goes, telling me how people shake their hands, and thank them for being willing to serve, and fight, for not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them also.
But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that ahead of several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha.
He said when she got to the cashier, she loudly remarked about the U.S. flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock. The cashier reached up and touched the pin and said proudly, "Yes, I always wear it and probably always will."
The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.
A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman:
"Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to be there today. But, hey - if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid."
Everyone within hearing distance cheered!